We have FINALLY gotten some warmer temperatures, it seems like winter has been too stubborn to leave. With an ice storm that swept through southern Ontario just two weeks ago, it’s been awesome to see 14 and 15 degrees, with sunshine! Spring has arrived!
The birds are out in full force, the spring flowers are sprouting and buds are on the trees. *happy sigh*
So, what kinds of things can you do to enjoy the weather this spring? I’ve got some great ideas for you. Twenty-three in fact! Here we go, just don’t forget to apply sunscreen!
23 Activities to Enjoy This Spring
- Visit a butterfly conservatory.
- See if your city has a greenhouse you can visit for free.
- Take photos of the pretty blooming flowers.
- Start taking a daily walk – bonus points if you own a Fitbit to track your steps!
- BBQ outside and enjoy the early tastes of summer.
- Clean your vehicle – inside and out. (Okay it’s not fun, but still has to be done!!!)
- Take the kids to the park.
- Fly a kite with the kids.
- Go for a family bike ride.
- Visit a farm with the family.
- Tidy up your gardens.
- Enjoy a popsicle – Pinterest has recipes for MYO!
- Play hopscotch with the kids.
- Bring some of your outdoor flowers inside and put them in vases.
- Bird-watch – how many can you name?
- Play Frisbee with the dog.
- Organize a baseball game with the neighbourhood.
- Have a campfire and roast marshmallows.
- Walk to work or walk your child to school.
- Draw chalk pictures on the driveway.
- Plant a tree.
- Toss the ball with your spouse or children.
- Pack a picnic lunch and head somewhere picturesque.
Of course, most of the items on this list are weather-dependent, and sometimes the weather can be unpredictable. Even though the forecast isn’t always dependable, so plan ahead to make the most out of the spring weather!
Did I miss anything important from this list? My son, Caleb was helping me brainstorm but we may have missed a few things!