With the colder weather, it’s time to find things to do to tide us over until the weather warms up again.
December is always a busy month for us, because in addition to the holiday shopping, decorating, cooking, baking and all the parties and dinners to go to, my husband and I also celebrate our anniversary.
This year, we celebrate 20 years!
I’m not quite sure how we got here. I think there must be some mistake because it seems like we just got married a couple of years ago.
When we were married, my husband was working in retail and we had to actually change our wedding date to the next day, because his workplace had one of their twice-annual huge sales going on the day we originally wanted to get married. Fun fact, right? Yeah… I was not impressed as a young bride-to-be. If I could go back, I wouldn’t change it.
The only thing we would change is that fact that we got married in the winter. Everything else was beautiful and fun. My cheeks hurt by the end of the day… we were so happy. Dare I say it, we still are.
Anyway.. I got slightly off-topic there, but as someone who really doesn’t like winter (I know – you’re surprised!), I really need to stay busy until spring comes. So here’s a great list of things to do in December. Some things are for celebrating, some are for preparation for celebrating, and others are just good clean fun. Enjoy!
31 Things To Do In December
- Go on a winter hike
- Sip hot chocolate
- Go ice-skating
- Do your Christmas shopping
- Watch Christmas movies
- Decorate the tree
- Go caroling
- Hang Christmas lights outside
- Go bowling
- Have a family movie night
- Go skiing
- Have an indoor picnic
- Have a family game night
- Attend a Christmas party
- Bake cookies
- Send Christmas cards
- Have professional portraits done
- Wrap presents
- Surprise someone special with an unexpected gift
- Cook & freeze extra meals for later
- Make decorations for the Christmas tree
- Have a Wii party or tournament
- Plan a New Year’s party or open house
- Attend Christmas mass
- Celebrate with family and friends
- Take holiday selfies
- Enjoy the leftovers
- Make snow angels (with or without the kids!)
- Build a snow fort or blanket fort
- Write down two resolutions
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve
What would you add to this list?